Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

June 21, 2009

My first Father's Day was very special. After some very impressive brainstorming, Rani found the perfect place for us to go. The Castle of Lenzburg! It was awesome. Not only was it a restored castle, but it was also a museum, showing artifacts from as early as the 13th century.


The family in the castle gardens





A view of the castle from town




A drawbridge!






The castle courtyard


The garden outside the ladies sitting room

Sleepy Noah


Rani and Sarah being corny.








The main kitchen set up like it was back in the 16th century

These things were really cool. It was called a stove and it was connected to the fire place in the kitchen to heat the room. It even had a seat on the left side to warm your bum, I guess.

Another fancy stove in the ladies sitting room


The museum was great with many things to keep kids interested

Noah trying on a helmet

Looking like Sir Lancelot. I don't know who had more fun playing dress up, Noah or the girls.


The Dungeon!! This tool was used for interrogations. I won't explain how......

The knights quarters with armor, swords, and other cool stuff.





They even had a crossbow


A super old fashioned elevator for goods and even people!

It is hard to see, but St. Bernards would run on the hamster wheel to make the elevator go up or down. Don't worry Aunt Carol, I think the dogs liked it.

No comments: