Monday, September 17, 2012

Noah's 'travail'

Noah is settling in well to his new school with his new friends.  Tonight, I asked him how it was going and what he had done all day.

Noah:  'Je fait le travail Maman!'  (I was doing work Mom!)
Me:  'Really Noah, what kind of work were you doing?'
Noah:  J'ecrit mon prénom Maman. (I was writing my first name Mom)
Me:  Really, you were writing your name, cool!'
Noah: Et je fait D, E, F, G...... (And I did D,E,F & G)
Me/  Really cool Noah, what starts with a 'D'?
Noah:  I don't know Mom.

And then he went to get a piece of paper with his work from the day to show us.   We noticed his name was written on it so we asked if the teacher wrote his name on his work for him.  He said, "No, Maman, c'est moi!" (No, Mom, it was me).  For some silly reaon we didn't believe him so we asked him to show us & Voila - show us he did!

Funny kid!  But Bravo to the school for starting to teach him to write his name and the alphabet in the 1st month!


No comments: